My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Great Find

I have noticed that when most people buy books online, they always shop at the really big well known websites. For example: Borders, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, etc. Truth be told, on the rare ocassion that I purchase books online, those are the places I get mine. However, I got to looking around on the internet and stumbled across something I thought ya'll might be interested in.

It is called Overstock.com and they have tons of YA books for lower prices. I was browsing around on there and found The Hunger Games and Catching Fire for only $9.99 and City of Glass for only $9.79. Then there is 13 Reasons Why for only $8.79. That is a hardcover people!This website is a lot cheaper than other places and it is not like there is anything wrong with the books. There were just too many. Hence the name Overstock. There shipping prices are also cheaper, only $2.95 no matter what or how much you order.

Here is the link to a bunch of their YA books between $5 and $10 http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Young-Adult/(5,10),/price,/6252/subcat.html

You can also save even more by using Overstock coupons

You really can't beat those prices people. You can be sure that I'm going to start using Overstock.com to get books from.



16 comments:

Cindy said...

Neat! I love amazon, all their books are super cheap too! yay

Sarbear said...

Their corporate HQ was across the street from my old work -- they are great!

La Coccinelle said...

It's probably a good deal for Americans. But they won't even tell you how much they're going to charge to ship books to Canada until you give them all your information!

Sheere said...

I'm going to check that site now.
yesterday I found another site with cheap YA books too, and it's said it gots free shipihng ( I haven't shipped anything of that site yet.. but i hve seen some bloggers that use it)
The page: http://www.bookdepository.com

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

You can also try BookDepository.com, where half the time new release books are half off, even hardcovers. Shipping is always free, no matter what!

I haven't bought anything there yet, but a lot of people on PBS do, and they seem to love them.

All the books are brand new too.

Enchanted by Books said...

I was coming to tell you about the Book Depository also. I looked up your books and they have them for cheaper then Overstock (which is also a cool site). Shipping is free no matter how cheap the item is! I've never bought there yet but I have been looking for a while and the prices are awesome!

~The Book Pixie said...

Really? That's odd. I looked at their site and they wanted $16.55 for The Hunger Games in hardcover.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780439023481/The-Hunger-Games

And $15.82 for Catching Fire:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780439023498/Catching-Fire-the-Second-Book-of-the-Hunger-Games

Jenny N. said...

Thats the UK site. They have a US site its http://www.bookdepository.com/

~The Book Pixie said...

Ok, i see that now. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this! I'm always looking for cheaper ways to get books.

Andrea [Buried In Books] said...

Someone I met up with off Craigslist recommended this to me to look for stuff for my baby-I didn't think to look for books, too! Thanks for sharing w/ everyone :]

Eleni said...

damn Bri why did you have to tell us that now I'm gonna spend more money lol -- thanks for sharing!! that's awesome ;]

Natascha De Marco said...

Awesome post Twin! A really great find

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thanks for sharing!
I was going to mention BookDepository too but everyone else beat me to it.
I've ordered a dozen books from them so far and they've all come in pristine condition.
:)
All the best,
@RKCharron
xoxo

Ashley said...

That's awesome, thanks so much for sharing! I'm just about to go check it out.

The Book Resort said...

Yes, I have to remember to order books from them, too!

I just think it'l be a shoddy book or remainder type coming my way.

Have to retrain my brain on that snoobery, Bri.

Thanks again 4 reminding me.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!