My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Instructions for a Broken Heart

Instructions for a Broken Heart (ARC) by Kim Culbertson
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pub. Date: May 1st, 2011
Pages: 304
Age Level: 13+
Source: For review from publisher.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
Three days before her drama club's trip to Italy, Jessa Gardner discovers her boyfriend in the costume barn with another girl. Jessa is left with a care package from her best friend titled "Top Twenty Reasons He's a Slimy Jerk Bastard," instructing her to do one un-Jessa-like thing each day of the trip. At turns hilarious and heartwrenching, Instructions for a Broken Heart paints a magical Italy in which Jessa learns she must figure out life-and romance-for herself.


Noteworthy Passages

Jessa; pg. 122
But she always felt straddled between those two worlds, that hurried city life and the taffy-stretched days of her life in Williams Peak. Something about Italy cinched those worlds together inside her like the strings of a purse. Her breath came more easily here, her senses more into focus as if even the colors here were more defined, the world suddenly drawn straight and right.

Jessa; pg. 211-212
Her heart skipped. Maybe she shouldn't be heading down this street with a total stranger--an Italian stranger, who had been kicked out of school. Why had he said he'd been kicked out of school? Narrow minds. What did that mean? What if people were narrow minded about him killing people?


~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all enjoyed those two passages! I think it's kinda funny the page numbers only contain number 1 & 2. No that was not intentional. lol. For more on my thoughts of Instructions for a Broken Heart, check out my Review. Also feel free to check out my Interview with Kim Culbertson. :D

As always, thanks for stopping by.


Buy Instructions for a Broken Heart: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Haha, sounds cute, thanks for sharing! I bought this a while ago, but I still need to read it when I have the time. And I DEFINITELY need to read it. :)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Sometimes I don't like when you do these - like now - because I'm then forced to evaluate the pros and cons of spending more money on a book I now desperately want, but should hold off on buying. My TBR pile is ginormous, but I want to add this to the top!

Great choices for passages. You always pick sections that make me want a book more than I thought was possible.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!