My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Monday, May 9, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Supernaturally

Supernaturally (ARC) by Kiersten White
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: July 26th, 2011
Pages: 340
Series: Paranormalcy, #2
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review via publisher.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
A lot has changed in the six months since Evie escaped from the International Paranormal Containment Agency with her shape-shifter boyfriend, Lend. She finally has the blissfully normal life she’s always dreamed of, including:
1) A real live high school
2) A perfectly ordinary after-school job
3) Her very own locker (and by the way, rusted metal is every bit as awesome as she imagined)

But Evie’s not-so-normal past keeps creeping up on her...and things get pretty complicated when you factor in:
1) A centuries-old, seriously decaying vampire stalker
2) A crazy faerie ex-boyfriend who is the perpetual bearer of really bad news
3) A major battle brewing between the faerie courts where the prize in question happens to be...Evie herself.

So much for normal.


Noteworthy Passages

Evie; pg. 58
Looking at him now, glowing faintly with warmth in the cold dark, all the feelings for him I'd ever been overwhelmed with flooded back in.
Including all the terror and pain he'd caused, so yeah, I wasn't going to jump him or anything.

Evie and Vamp Guy; pg. 167
Flashing his fangs he lunged forward. I drew my arm back and punched him full in the face.
"Ow!" we screamed in unison as he clutched his nose and I shook my poor, poor hand. Why didn't anyone ever tell me punching faces hurts?
"You hit me!"
"You were trying to bite me!"
We glared at each other, his intensity somewhat diminished by the hand he still held to his nose. "So what now?" he asked, smooth voice muffled.


~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed these two passages. I feel they do a great job of exhibiting White's fun writing style and Evie's rockin' awesome personality. For more on my thoughts, check out the following:

Paranormalcy Review
Paranormalcy Noteworthy Passages
Supernaturally Review

As always, thanks for stopping by!

Buy Paranormalcy: Amazon Bargain / Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository
Buy Supernaturally: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

I still haven't read Paranormalcy... But, I'm getting there!!

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Um, is that first one about Reth? Because I know he's not all that nice and there's not really any sort of love triangle with him, Evie, and, Lend, but I couldn't help but have this odd desire to see more and more of him in Paranormalcy.

The second one makes me want to pick up Paranormalcy and read it all over again, just to get back into Evie's snarky dialogue again. Great choices, as always!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!