My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why I'm Not Around as Much and May Not Be in Future

So I know I'm getting behind, especially when it comes to getting up reviews and getting books finished. I hate being inconsistent and have been struggling to stay motivated.

I'm not going to try and be eloquent but brief and to the point as that is about all I can manage right now. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with cancer. It's in his left lung and brain right now. They'll be starting radiation on his brain soon but my dad still hasn't decided whether or not he wants to go with the chemo on his lung. If he does, he may have another year. If he doesn't, only about 2 months. He's currently staying about an hour away so he can get treatment so I'm unable to spend time with him right now as we don't have a mode of transportation. Had been hoping he could stay with my mom and I (divorced parents) but he can't get the treatment he needs here. This combined with other stress and worries just has me feeling overwhelmed, drained, and unmotivated. I have tried to maintain normality but it's been difficult. So just bear with me folks. Authors and publishers, expect delays on reviews.

My two year blogoversary is the 18th and I've got some great posts and giveaways planned to span through the 31st for a celebration. I need the distraction and hopefully this will help me get back on track some. After that though, there's no telling how well I'm going to be able to continue to keep getting posts up on a daily basis. I just thought you all should know so you didn't think I was just skipping out on y'all. Also any prayers are appreciated. Lord knows I could use them.

Update: My dad will be doing the chemo treatment starting later this week.

Update #2: Thank you all so much for your kind words and support! Y'all have no idea how much it means to me!

19 comments:

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Briana, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with him, you, and your entire family during this terrible time.

You shouldn't worry a bit about the blog. We all understand you taking time off to be with your family right now. I'll keep your dad in my prayers.

Ivan said...

I hope your father will get well soon. Don't stress yourself with the blog, it, we can always wait. It's best if you spend more time with him and your family.

Unknown said...

Oh i'm so sorry about your dad :(.

It must be difficult don't worry about your blog we all understand !

My prayers are with him, you and your family.

As we said in France : Bon courage <3

Ps : Sorry my english is not perfect :S

Cass said...

Oh Briana I'm so sorry about your dad. We all completely understand about not being able to blog right now.

I'll be praying for you and your family in this time of need.

Britta said...

Briana, don't worry about it at all! Right now you need to focus on your family and yourself. My prayers are with you and your family.

Best Wishes,
Britta

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Briana, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Know that we your followers are here, no matter how few and far between your posts become, or if you need to post about topics other than books. Or if you need to talk just books!

Anything you need, just ask.

We Heart YA said...

Oh hon... Life away from the computer is always more important. So sorry to hear about your dad. You and he and your loved ones will be in our thoughts.

Take care!

Bookish Brunette said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry honey... *hugs to you and your family* I'll be praying for you guys!

Shelena Shorts said...

I will definitely keep you and your father in my prayers. Take your time. Reading is suppose to be fun and relaxing- not stressful.

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Your family is in my thoughts <3

Keira Lea said...

I will be thinking of you and your family. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Shannon The Bookstalker said...

Briana, I wish you and your family the best during this difficult time. I hope things get better for you all soon. Take all the time you need!

Candace said...

Briana,
My thoughts are prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. We'll be here if you take some time off and we'll completely understand if you do!

Jamie said...

I am so incredibly sorry you're going through this. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do. We're here for you, whatever you need.

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

Briana, I want you to know that I will be praying for your father. And you, too. A dear friend of mine was just diagnosed with cancer and it looks like she will have to have half of her colon removed. It's a rough road. Surrounding you with hugs and prayers!

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal)

Just So Jess said...

Awh, I'm so sorry.
Your father, you, and your family are in my prayers.

Sandy said...

Oh Bri, I'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. But remember what I've always told you: real life (and family) comes first. Always.

And like always, we'll all be here waiting for you. If you ever need to talk about anything, you can email me whenever you'd like or I'll hop onto MSN messanger (I know I haven't used it in a LONG time but if you need me to, I'll get there). I hope things get better for you and your dad. ♥

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Family is always first! We'll be here when you're ready to go back to blogging, but for the mean time, all the prayers to your dad!

Jo Treggiari said...

Briana,
so sorry to read about your dad! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!