My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Moonglass

Moonglass (ARC) by Jessi Kirby
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pub. Date: May 3rd, 2011
Pages 224
Age Level: 13+
Source: For review from publisher.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
From Jessi Kirby, a debut novel about confronting the past in order to move ahead.

I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both.

Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.

While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death- stays buried forever.


Noteworthy Passages

Anna; pg. 9
We looked out at the water, quiet, and it felt like one of those moments that was heavy with the things we didn't want to say out loud.

Anna; pg. 138
The sun melted into the mist all around us, and I shivered in the breeze that had carried it in. I wished I'd grabbed a sweater. Or that he'd just pull me in close to warm me up. We stood in front of a smattering of condemned cottages--all practically falling down, but each one unique. Behind the waist-high fence the state had put in, there was a boardwalk that now rolled and waved over sand and under the ice plant that had taken over.


~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed those two passages and that they have you wanting to read Moonglass. To find out more on my thoughts, check out my Review.

And as always, thanks for stopping by. :D


Buy Moonglass now: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

The cover of Moonglass is moody and really catches my eye. I can feel your first quote and it looks as if it could take place at the very location depicted on the cover. Moments heavy with words unspoken...I've had a few of those.

I also like your Money Savin' Mondays feature. Good idea.

My Bookshelf

BookGeek said...

This sounds like a haunting read. The cover is very pretty as well. Great passages and thanks for sharing :)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Great choices! Your noteworthy passages always make me want to read books just a little more and now I feel like I should run to the store to pick up Moonglass.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!