My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, March 5, 2011

In My Mailbox (77)

In My Mailbox
IMM is a weekly meme hosted and created by Kristie at
The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

From Steph
~Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (THANK YOU!)

From Bookmooch
~Making Rounds with Oscar by David Dosa
~Aurelia by Anne Osterlund
~Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
~Hush Little Baby by Caroline B. Cooney

Bought at Walmart for only $1.99 each!
~The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber
~The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber

~~~~~~~~~~

So first off, huge thanks to Steph for Angelfire! When I was in middle school I read and loved the Shadow Children series by haddix so I'm trying to get all of those. I also read Hush Little Baby in middle school and could remember liking it so I mooched it to read again. Now earlier this week, mom and I were in Walmart and they had this huge box of massmarkets for only $1.99 each. Most everything in there was Westerns and 'adult' romance stuff I'd never read, which is what I figured would be in there. But then I noticed the two Strangely Beautiful novels which I immediately recognized from seeing all around the blogosphere. I had been curious about them and they sounded really good so I showed them to mom, knowing she'd probably wanna read them to, and we got them. Anyhow, got some great books this week and hope you all did too. :)




15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Angelfire looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Brittany said...

Angelfire has such a great cover, can't wait to see your thoughts on it. Happy Reading!

Manda said...

I can't wait to finish Angelfire. It felt a little slow at first (though it had the disadvantage of being read after Delirium and Unearthly) but then I really started getting into it.
Hiebers books look fantastic. What a bargain! Happy Reading :)

Candace said...

Wow! $1.99 is a fantastic deal! Hope you love your books!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Hope you enjoy all of your goodies. :)

Book Flame said...

$1.99 books! I would be in heaven if I came across a deal like that. I'm reading Angelfire right now, personally I love it. Enjoy your books!

Precious said...

Great haul! Angelfire is so pretty. I love the cover! Have fun reading!

Rachel said...

I've got Angelfire next on my TBR list, it sounds soo good!

Here's my IMM: http://crackaspinebookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-2.html

Elodie said...

I really can't wait to read Angelfire .. I hope you'll have a great time reading it !! I look forward to know what you think of it ;) !!
Happy reading ;)

Naj said...

Ooh! Angelfire! I can't wait to read what you think about it. :D Awesome IMM! I don't have an IMM this week. Didn't get or bought anything. :( sadly.

Unknown said...

Awesome IMM this week, Briana! MP Haddix is one great author :).... Angelfire wasn't for me, though, hope you enjoy it!
Eek! I see you have a review for STEEL coming up! I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET MYSELF AN ARC OF THAT!!! Oh well.. ;)

Sally said...

Great books this week. I have the Percy Parker books on my tbr pile - Angelfire too.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-9.html

Eli said...

Great books you got this week! Those Walmart books are sometimes a great deal! Happy reading!

Unknown said...

wow great mailbox hon!!! thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I am jealous that your Walmart sells books so cheap, but yay for you!

I haven't heard of most of these books, but loved Angelfire. I read Among the Hidden when I was a child, but I honestly cannot remember more about it besides the fact that I enjoyed it.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!