My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, March 12, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Miles from Ordinary

Miles from Ordinary (ARC) by Carol Lynch Williams
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: March 15th, 2011
Pages: 197
Age Level: 12+
Source: For review from publisher.

Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
Thirteen-year-old Lacey wakes to a beautiful summer morning excited to begin her new job at the library, just as her mother is supposed to start work at the grocery store. Lacey hopes that her mother's ghosts have finally been laid to rest; after all, she seems so much better these days, and they really do need the money. But as the hours tick by and memories come flooding back, a day full of hope spins terrifyingly out of control....

“No one can get inside the head and heart of a 13-year-old girl better than Carol Lynch Williams, and I mean no one," said James S. Jacobs, Professor of Children's Literature at Brigham Young University, of her breakout novel, The Chosen One. Now this award-winning YA author brings us an equally gripping story of a girl who loves her mother, but must face the truth of what life with that mother means for both of them.


Noteworthy Passages

Lacey and Aunt Linda; pg. 63
In my head I heard Aunt Linda's voice, soft like a night breeze. "Lacey-girl, books take you anywhere. Any place you want to go. You remember that always."

Lacey; pg. 116
So I made myself believe Aaron. Ignored the feeling in my stomach and heart and believed. Because that's what you do with a miracle. You believe in it.

Lacey; pg. 150
Right at that moment, when I looked into her face, I saw my old mother, from a long time ago.It was like I looked at her real self, trapped somewhere behind her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Miles from Ordinary is one of those books where so many parts of it are noteworthy. I narrowed it down to three though. To find out more on my thoughts of this book check out my
Review.

As always, thanks for stopping by.









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

Naj said...

This ones my favorite! :D "In my head I heard Aunt Linda's voice, soft like a night breeze. "Lacey-girl, books take you anywhere. Any place you want to go. You remember that always."" I want to pick up this book now. :D Awesome Post! :D

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Wow, great choices. All of them make me want to read this book even more. It's going on my wishlist and I'll have to grab it after Easter - I gave up buying books for Lent :(

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!