My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Monday, March 21, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: The Liar Society

The Liar Society (ARC) by Lisa & Laura Roecker
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pub. Date: March 1st, 2011
Pages: 361
Series: Liar Society, #1
Age Level: 14+
Source: From publisher for review


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of.
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...

Noteworthy Passages

Kate; pg. 155
The air around me felt charged with electricity, possibilities, and danger. I knew I'd never be able to run fast enough. Sooner or later I'd have to stop and brave the storm.

Kate; pg. 270
I remembered the moment between Grace and Porter in the lake at Nativitas and realized there were two very good reasons that Seth wasn't equipped to handle the situation as well as I was. I unbuttoned the top buttons on the shirt of my uniform, adjusted the 'girls' to achieve maximum attention, released my hair from its ponytail, and licked my lips. I looked over at Liam and Seth. "I'm going in."


~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed those two passages and that they've got you wanting to read The Liar Society if you haven't already. For more on my thoughts, you can read my Review.

As always, thanks for stopping by.


Buy The Liar Society Now: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Is it tacky for us to comment? Probably, but OH WELL.

You picked one of my favorite passages! Thank you so much for featuring The Liar Society. It means the world to us!

brandileigh2003 said...

I've heard a lot about this one! thanks for featureing.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Brodie said...

Oooh great passages! I am so excited to get my hands on a copy of this book. It sounds fantastic - exactly my kinda read. Thanks for whetting my appetite! :D

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!