My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Priscilla the Great

Priscilla the Great by Sybil Nelson
Publisher: WorldMaker Media
Pub. Date: December 15th, 2010
Pages: 276
Series: #1 in 'Priscilla the Great' Series
Age Level: 12+ (Upper MG)
Source: For review from author.

Synopsis via Goodreads

Meet Priscilla Sumner, an ordinary seventh grader with extraordinary gifts. As if middle school isn’t hard enough, not only does Priscilla have to fight pimples and bullies, but genetically enhanced assassins trying to kill her and her family. Armed with wit, strength, and a genius best friend, Priscilla must defeat the Selliwood Institute, an organization dead set on turning children into killing machines.

Add an older brother annoyingly obsessed with Christina Aguilera, mischievous baby twin brothers who could scare the sin off of Satan, and parents more puzzling than a Rubik’s cube in the Bermuda triangle and expect a smoking page-turner!


Noteworthy Passages

Priscilla; pg. 64
"What's the matter, Kyle? Afraid you'll lose to a girl...again?" Iasked. That worked. I could basically get Kyle to do anything I wanted by threatening his manhood.

Priscilla; 178
Well, time really flies when you have a date with destiny, and by the time Kyle was done with his pep talks, I truly felt like defeating Jimmy Vartanian in the Ice Cream Challenge was my destiny. It was like G.I. Joe versus Cobra, like the Autobots versus the Decepticons, or Anybody versus the Yankees. It was your classic good versus evil.

Priscilla; pg. 211
I scorched her hair. Needless to say, she wasn't too happy about this. With a nerve-racking war cry that could make Attila the Hun pee his pants, she came at me agin.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all got a good laugh from the passages I picked and that they'll encourage you to read Priscilla the Great. For more on my thoughts, check out my Review.

And as always, thanks for stopping by. :D


Buy it now: Paperback / Kindle








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

Naj said...

I scorched her hair. Needless to say, she wasn't too happy about this. With a nerve-racking war cry that could make Attila the Hun pee his pants, she came at me agin. <- this one made me laugh a little. :D Great post Briana! Thanks for the kind words and prayers. *huggs* I'll try to update as much as I can.

YA Book Queen said...

Ha, love that last one! Nice quotes :D

Elle said...

Ok yes I want to find out why the hair got scorched. And what happened next.

New follower. Simple Wyrdings

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!