My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday's Name That Book! (1)

Ok. I have seen alot of different memes and I have been dying to create one of my own. So far, I haven't seen anyone with this one yet so I thought it would be something fun to do on Saturday's. If you have already created this idea then I apologize. I didn't know. If I had seen you do it, I would have asked to use the idea.

Well, this is how it works. I'll post a section of text from a book and you have to guess what book it is from. There is no prize, it is just for fun. Maybe later on, I'll start awarding small prizes to the winner. :)

So here is this weeks, "Name That Book":


"Do you know karate? Because your body sure is kickin'."
In my CCR uniform? Give me a break. Still, I turned to the shirtless wonder at the counter who I judged to be fairly close to my age. I smiled and said, "You come on as strong as a garlic milkshake."

Just to show how generous I am, I'll give you two hints.
1. The book was published in 2005
2. The author is a woman.

Everyone, you have til next Friday to figure it out. The answer will be posted in the new Name That Book.

5 comments:

go with happiness said...

I have no idea, whatsoever.

Eli said...

Lol no idea.

Yay we both started Saturday things. I actually use to play this "game" at a book forum. It was a lot of fun!

T.C. Robson said...

"Island Girls (And Boys)" - Rachel Hawthorne. :)

~The Book Pixie said...

Yay! You got it right!

T.C. Robson said...

Yahoo!!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!