My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge

Last year I participated in the Young Adult Reading Challenge host at J. Kaye's blog. As a matter of fact it was the only one of four challenges I participated in that I actually completed. I know, sad. Anyhow, I was glad to see it's being hosted again in 2011, this time by Jaime at For the Love of YA. Here are the rules:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Create a post about the challenge and link your challenge post up in the linky below.

--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.
--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. The Challenge starts on January 1, 2011 and goes until December 31, 2011.

SIGN UP HERE


~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so I'll be doing The Jumbo Size this year. Last year I did the 50 and read more than that BUT I'm wanting to read more MG this year plus if I get accepted into college, I'll have less time for reading. So 40 it is. As I complete each YA book, it will be listed below.


My Jumbo Size List of YA Books Read
  1. The Sky is Every Where by Jandy Nelson
  2. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
  3. Will Work for Prom Dress by Aimee Ferris
  4. The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan
  5. Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan
  6. Blood and Flowers by Penny Blubaugh
  7. Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors
  8. The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
  9. In the Shadow of the Lamp
  10. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
  11. Mind Gap by Marina Cohen
  12. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  13. Steel by Carrie Vaughn
  14. Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams
  15. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  16. Purple Daze by Sherry Shahan
  17. The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
  18. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
  19. All You Get is Me by Yvonne Prinz
  20. Drought by Pam Bachorz
  21. Red Glove by Holly Black
  22. Family by Micol Ostow
  23. The Back Door of Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler
  24. My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies by Allen Zadoff
  25. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
  26. Accomplice by Valerie Sherrard
  27. Entwined by Heather Dixon
  28. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
  29. Supernaturally by Kiersten White
  30. Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson
  31. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
  32. Haunted by Joy Preble
  33. Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
  34. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
  35. Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
  36. Tighter by Adele Griffin
  37. Settling by Shelley Workinger
  38. Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
  39. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
  40. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
  41. Favorite by Karen McQuestion
  42. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
  43. The Queen Bee of Bridgeton by Leslie DuBois
  44. Betrayed by Ednah Walters
  45. Forgotten by Cat Patrick
  46. The Survivors by Amanda Havard
  47. Crescent Star by Nicholas Maes
  48. Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach
  49. Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers
  50. Kane Richards Must Die by Shanice Williams
  51. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
  52. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  53. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  54. Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
  55. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake





1 comments:

Mavie said...

Oooh! Good luck and have fun!! :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!