My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, January 7, 2011

Author Interview: Courtney Allison Moulton

Hi there everyone. Ok so there is this really super cool author, I'm sure you've all heard of her, by the name of Courtney Allison Moulton. She is the author of the debut YA book, Angelfire, releasing February 15th. I got to do a really fun interview with her and I'm here today to share it with you all.

~~~~~~~~~

TBP: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

CAM: I am 24 years old and besides being an author, I am also a photographer and artist. I ride and show horses in hunter/jumper competition, collect My Little Ponies, and dream about sneaking into the polar bear exhibit at the zoo.

TBP: Describe Angelfire in nine words. (Can be a complete sentence or individual words.)

CAM: A kickass girl and hot Guardian guy kill reapers!

TBP: What inspired you to write Angelfire?

CAM: I love quirky, but strong heroines who have these enormous supernatural destinies, like Sailor Moon and Buffy, and I wanted to create my own. Ellie is Angelfire is a lot like Sailor Moon in that she is a bit of a reluctant heroine at first, but she really steps up to the plate when she
needs to.


TBP: Who is a YA author you would love to co-write a book with?

CAM: I feel like Cassandra Clare and I could write a pretty kickass book together.

TBP: In an epic battle against all things evil, what would be your one weapon of choice? (This can be a person, animal, or thing)

CAM: A swimming pool of melted marshmallow. If anything evil came after me, I’d lead him to that pool and trip him so he drowns. If you get knocked into a swimming pool of sticky, melted marshmallow, there is no way you’re getting out or physically able to use any fancy evil monster tricks on me.

TBP: Aside from Sailor Moon, who is your next favorite of all the Sailor Scouts? Least favorite?

CAM: My next favorite might be Sailor Saturn. She appears to be tiny and weak, but she’s the strongest of them all and nobody sees her coming. I love that. I don’t really have a least favorite. I love them all! (Totally agreed about Saturn and wish she'd ben in the series more.)

TBP: Everyone has at least one bad habit. What is one of yours?

CAM: Mine would be my anxiety. I worry worry worry about everything, even things I don’t need to worry about!

TBP: If you could erase any one color from the world, which would it be and why?

CAM: Maybe the color of puke. I don’t think anyone would miss that.

TBP: If you could bring any fictional character to life and marry him, one not of your own creation, who would it be and why?

CAM: TUXEDO MASK! DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK??? (Yes I do because I need you to know that if you lay one paw on my man, you are gonna need a lot more than a pool of melted marshmallow to save you from my wrath. :P)

TBP: If you could shapeshift into any animal, which would it be and why?

CAM: A horse for sure. My mare loves life so much and always has a strong opinion about everything. It would be awesome to feel that confident for one day. Plus all she does is play outside with her pony friend all day long, get all the food she can eat, gets new shoes every five weeks, and has her house cleaned twice every day. If only we were all that lucky!

TBP: The world is about to come to an end. What song would you like to be listening to before deadly doom descends upon us?

CAM: Don’t Rain On My Parade by Barbra Streisand, if only for the irony.

TBP: Anything else you'd like to add before you go?

CAM: I LOVE PONIES

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for letting me interview you Courtney! And thanks to our mutal Sailor Moon obsession fascination and your awesome answers, this is definitely one of my absolute favorite interviews done so far!

(For those of you who aren't familiar with Sailor Moon, it is an awesome Anime and Manga series.)

Thank you all for stopping by and for taking the time to read this. I hope you all enjoyed reading this interview as much as I enjoyed doing it.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the interview! Yeah, the color of puke was a good answer! lol!

Cicely said...

Great interview! All the Sailor Moon-ness made me laugh. Also, that whole marshmallow swimming pool idea? Genius! :D

Jane said...

Great interview :) So funny! Courtney reminds me of an old friend from school... OBSESSED with horses. It is definitely not a bad animal to love.

Jane
janestoryblog.blogspot.com

Amber Skye said...

Angelfire looks pretty amazing. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for letting us get to know Courtney :)

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the interview with Courtney & thanks to Courtney for sharing here. I really enjoyed the fun questions & Courtney's answers.
All the best,
RKCharron

Jessi E. said...

I can't imagine the smexy males that would result if Courtney and Cassandra teamed up.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Best. Interview. Ever. My college roommate was obsessed with Sailor Moon and I've never known anyone who could possibly rival her love for Tuxedo Mask, but I think I've found two people in one place :D

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!