My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, August 21, 2009

The Book Pixie Recommends.... (Book Edition)

Dreadful Sorry by Kathryn Reiss
Publisher: Harcourt Paperbacks

Pub. Date: May 1, 2004 (Books original Pub. Date: April 1993)
Pages: 352
Age Level: YA
Price: $6.95 (
Buy here at Amazon)


Synopsis
Ever since she can remember, sventeen-year-old Molly has been plagued by the same terrifying nightmare and an overwhelming fear of water. After almost drowning at a pool party, she flees to the safety of her father's housefor the summer. But Molly's problems only intensify as she stumbles onto a series of strange connections linking herself to a girl who lived in that cliffside house nearly a century before. Then the eerie coincidences start to form a dangerous pattern, and Molly finds herself haunted by visions that feel more like memories-- memories of a time before she was born!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stumbled across this book somewhere around two years ago. I had just finished reading my first true supernatural books, the Dark Secrets series by Elizabeth Chandler, and wanted to find something else similar in that genre to read. I got on my library system's website and did a search on supernatural books. This is one of the ones I found. I placed it on hold from another library and was excited to read it.

I really loved this books and it took me no time at all to read. It is actually listed as a favorite of mine. It wasn't really predictable to me when I first read it. I figured some of the stuff out but not a lot. If now had been my first time reading it I probably would have guessed more but I still don't think that would have really bothered me with this book. I don't have a review to show you because I didn't write reviews at that time. Also, now that I'm a little more critical in my judgement of a book, my opinion may alter a little when I go to read it again, but I doubt by much. I have gotten my own copy since reading it the first time and plan to definitely read it again sometime.

I would highly recommend this to fans of paranormal/supernatural romance and the Dark Secrets series by Elizabeth Chandler. Also, I think even people who haven't read much of that genre would like it.









3 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

This sounds like a book I would read.

Thanks for the recomendation twin!

Briana said...

Ooh. Thanks for the recommendation! :) This book sounds really good.

-Briana

Sarbear said...

Oooh, sounds interesting!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!