My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Contests Around the Blogosphere

Jaclyn Dolamore


Coming 12/22/09 from Bloomsbury...

Nimira is a music-hall girl used to dancing for pennies. So when wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing accompaniment to a mysterious piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it will be the start of a better life. In Parry's world, long-buried secrets are about to stir. Unsettling rumors begin to swirl about ghosts, a madwoman roaming the halls, and Parry’s involvement in a group of corrupt sorcerers for whom the rules of the living and dead are meant to be broken for greater power. When Nimira discovers the spirit of a dashing fairy gentleman is trapped within the automaton, she is determined to break the curse. But even as the two fall into a love that seems hopeless, breaking the curse becomes a perilous race against time. Because it's not just the future of these star-crossed lovers that's at stake, but the fate of the entire magical world.

Want to win an ARC with original sketches from the author inside? See
http://fabulousfrock.livejournal.com/ for details!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strange & Random Happenstance 50th Post Competition
So this here post, the one you are reading right now, at least I hope you are reading it, is officially my 50th post. To commemorate this wondrous feat (at least to me), I am announcing my first ever competition! I've been storing up book swag and loot for awhile now and have been waiting for a suitably grand occasion. Right now you are probably thinking, whatever the occasion, just get to the prizes, and I'm getting there...so prizes you asked? You probably guessed it by the lovely picture above, but the prize is a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble! You know you want it! All those books you could get....Now onto "THE RULES."

The Rules:
1. Open to EVERYONE, just because you haven't been following me all along doesn't mean you don't matter.
2. Please make sure I have a way to contact you if your name is drawn, either your blogger profile or a link to your website/blog or you could even include your email address with your comment(s).
3. Contest ends Monday, August 31st at midnight CST
4. How to enter:

Answer me this: In honor of the end of summer and the beginning of another school year...What is your favorite Summer Read? Doesn't have to have been read this summer, but what book evokes the true spirit of summer to you? Harry Potter perhaps? Charlotte's Web by chance? A thriller verses a classic? A true beach read? I want to know!

5. And for those addicted to getting extra entries:

+1 for answering the question above
+2 for becoming a follower
+5 if you are already a follower (yes you lucky 5 people you!)
+10 for each time you advertise this contest - blog post, sidebar, twitter (please @MzLizard), etc. Also please leave a link!

Also, as extra special incentive...if, by some great stroke of luck I hit 50 followers, which really is beyond my wildest dreams, I will include something extra. I little bookaholic surprise if you will....Good luck and I can't wait to read you answers!

Click HERE to enter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page Turners 2wk Anniversary Contest



Today, we have been up and running for 2 weeks. It has been a crazy 2 weeks, but we would like to have our first giveaway. What we are giving away is up to you. The winner of our Throwdown Thursday this week will be the book given away. The winning book for TT will be posted next week, and I will announce the winner of the contest on the 3rd. The winner, will have the book preordered for them, and it will be delivered to their house, as soon as the book ships from B&N.

To play:

YOU MUST BE A FOLLOWER
+1 for commenting on this contest and telling us, what theme music we should add to out site
+1 for commenting on our Throwdown Thursday meme
+2 for being a follower(new followers count)
+5 for linking back to our contest
+5 for posting about our contest.

Contest is open to everyone. If you live outside of the US and B&N will not ship to you. We will ship it directly to you. Don't forget to add the link, and email addy in your post.

Contest ends on the 2nd. But to get the point for TT your comment has to be posted before midnight on the 27th,

Thanks Pixie & Stacey.

Click HERE to enter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.A.M. Book Reviews 100 followers contest!

How to enter:
Since this contest is celebrating our followers, you must be a follower to enter!
Comment on this post and make sure you put your email address so we can contact you if you win!

Extra Entries:
+1 New followers
+2 Old followers
+2 Linking this contest to sidebar, Twitter, etc.
+5 Posting about this contest on your blog
+3 Adding us to your blog roll

The contest deadline is 09-10-09!
Good luck everyone! :)

Click HERE to enter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Neverending Shelf 3-2-1 Contest


I am sure you are looking at the title thinking: What is a 3-2-1 contest? Well, it is a celebration of me reaching 100 followers, and a great chance for me to highlight some of my favorite series. I hope I got a fair selection of what everyone helped pick out. If there is something you REALLY want to win and I do not have it listed, please email me so that I may consider adding it.


The Rules:
Tier 3 winner will win 3 books or 1 giftcard from Tier 3 selections. It is only open to my 1st 100 followers-- do not worry, I know who you are.

Tier 2 winner will win 2 books or 1 giftcard from Tier 2 selections. You must be a follower to enter this tier. If you entered for the contest for Tier 3, but do not win, you are automatically entered into this tier. If you are not a follower, but would like to enter for this tier, you may become a new follower.

Tier 1 winner will win 1 book or 1 giftcard from Tier 1 selections, and will be chosen from everyone else. This tier is perfect for those who want to enter the contest, but do not want to become follower. Also if you entered for the contest for Tier 3 or 2, but do not win your tier, you are automatically entered into this tier.

There will be 3 winners total-- one from each tier.

Click HERE to see the books you could win and enter!







0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!