My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Teasing and Waiting on Wednesday

Teaser

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. Better late than never though. This week's teaser is from Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle.

Teaser (pg.1):

"My God, Persy, you killed him!"
"I did not!"

This just so happens to be the opening line. This has got to be the best first sentence to a book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waiting on Wednesday

Sleepless by Cyn Balog
Publisher: Delacorte
Release Date: 2010
Age Level: YA

Synopsis
Eron DeMarchelle spent seventeen years on earth before his death in 1908. Now, he’s part of another world that invisibly coexists with earth. He is what humans call in their bedtime stories a “Sandman,” and his only purpose is to seduce them to sleep night after night. This dull, meaningless existence wears on him until he falls for the one girl he cannot seduce, a human named Julia. He conspires with his oldest friend, the princess Chimere, to find a way to be with the object of his affection forever. But even the most carefully made plans sometimes have unexpected consequences . . .

Ok this book sounds totally awesome! I'm still pretty bummed that I haven't been able to read Fairy Tale but I think I'm really going to love this book. And the cover, GORGEOUS!

Visit Cyn Balog's page HERE








11 comments:

A Passion For Books said...

I haven't read Fairy Tale yet, which I should probably get on that. This sounds good and I love the cover. Great pick.

Unknown said...

Great choice. I am really wanting to read this!

The Book Explorer said...

Oh awesome! I just finished Fairy Tale like last week. I didn't know she was writing another book (though I suppose I should have)
Awesome.

Sandy said...

I haven't read Fairy Tale either....(or Wings for that matter!)Sleepless sounds amazing though. :)

Krista said...

This looks so good! I'll have to check it out, thanks!

here's mine:
http://carmen-krista.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

I love that teaser. I will have to read Bewitching Season now. Also, Sleepless sounds great and I haven't read Fairy Tale either but it sounds amazing. Great pick!

Briana said...

Ooh! Sleepless sounds intriguing.

-Briana

Natascha De Marco said...

Sleepless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol
GREAT CHOICES!! Now I want to read the first book!

Sarbear said...

I haven't read Fairy Tale yet. I haven't heard of this either but it sounds like it's going to be awesome! The cover is gorgeous -- do you mostly take still life photos, like this cover? Cuz I saw you do photography. Just wondering...

~The Book Pixie said...

I do mostly nature, landscape photography. Every now and again I'll do some still life or candids. I photograph a lot of different things it is just that nature is my favorite.

Sarbear said...

That's neat -- I was wondering bc I went to your photography site once and I think I saw a dandelion photograph. This cover reminded me of it.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!